Carrot Apple & Yoghurt Muffins
We do love a good muffin here at Little Bento World HQ, and this recipe sure makes a good muffin! Light and fluffy, these carrot, apple and yoghurt muffins make the perfect lunchbox fillers and are very easy to make.
Let me show you how!
You’ll need some grated carrot, grated apple, self raising flour, natural yoghurt, caster sugar, eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil and some beautiful spices — ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cardamom. Those ground spices make these muffins smell absolutely heavenly while they are baking!
Mix together all of the ingredients except for the flour and spices and stir well to combine. Then sift the flour and spices into the batter and stir until just combined.
Spray a 12 hole muffin tin with oil spray or line with paper cases. Either or, it doesn’t matter too much. I had run out of paper cases so I went without on this occasion.
Bake for twenty minutes or until cooked and golden. Allow to cool in the tray for five minutes and then turn onto a cooling rack.
These delicious muffins aren’t too sweet but have a beautiful flavour that your whole family will love.
Just look at those spices flecked through the muffin. Yum!
These muffins will keep for up to a week in an airtight container, or up to four months in a sealed zip lock bag in the freezer.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I did.
- ¾ cup (180ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup thick natural yoghurt
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin papers or spray with oil spray.
- Place the oil, eggs, vanilla, yoghurt, carrot, apple and sugar in a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Sift over the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cardamom and mix until just combined.
- Using two tablespoons, spoon mixture into muffin holes. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked.