No Bake Choc Coconut Slice Recipe
How much do we love no bake slices around here? LOTS!!
One of my very favourite things is to stumble across a slice recipe and discover that it’s a simple mix and refrigerate method. This healthy choc coconut slice is just that — simple!
It is also gluten-free and can be made dairy-free too. Plus it contains one of the healthiest ingredients going around at the moment – LSA mix. LSA is a mix of finely ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds, and contains many health benefits such as omega-3 fats, calcium, zinc, magnesium and a whole host of vitamins too. Plus it is a great source of protein.
The only downside is that as LSA contains almonds, this slice is not nut-free, so double check your child’s school isn’t a nut-free school before sending them in in their lunchbox.
Here is what you’ll need to make this terrific slice:
Desiccated coconut, LSA mix, cocoa powder or cacao, coconut oil, honey and butter (or almond butter for a dairy-free option).
Pour the LSA, coconut and cocoa in a bowl and mix well to combine.
Place the butter, honey and coconut oil in a bowl and heat gently in the microwave until the butter has melted and can be mixed through evenly, about thirty seconds or so. Keep an eye on it while it’s melting though, we don’t want any accidents!
Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir well with a spoon to combine.
This is much easier than it looks, and might be a great way to get your children involved in the recipe.
Pour into a baking paper-lined 20cm tray and press down to ensure it is very firm.
Place in the fridge to set for a few hours or overnight, then remove from the tray and cut into bars or squares.
Store this delicious slice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week — if it lasts that long!
- 1 cup Macro LSA
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup cacao or cocoa
- 70g butter (or almond butter)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a 20cm tin with baking paper ensuring some overhangs at the sides for easy removal
- Place the LSA, coconut and cacao or cocoa into a large bowl and stir well to combine
- Place the butter, honey and coconut oil into a heat proof bowl and gently heat just enough to soften and combine
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir well to combine
- Press the mixture very firmly into your prepared tin
- Place in the fridge to set for five hours or overnight
- Slice into bars or squares and enjoy!
- This slice will keep for up to a week refrigerated in an air-tight container.