One of the most popular bento tools is the Car and Fish Egg Mold! Popping a hard boiled egg into the school lunchbox is a great way to encourage healthy eating and adding that extra bit of protein to get them through the afternoon!
Hard boil your egg, quickly peel and put into this mold – the egg will mold into the desired shape! Great for rice and jelly too!
How to use the Car and Fish Egg Mold:
- Use Large size eggs (59g)
- Hard boil the egg in a saucepan.
- Peel away the shells of the egg while still hot (under water is easiest)
- Put the hard boiled egg into the Car and Fish Egg Mold while an egg is still hot
- Cover the mold and lock to create the shape
- Wait until the egg becomes cold (either in a pot of water or in the fridge for later use)
- Take the egg out of the mold and eat – or pop into the lunchbox for a surprise!
Hard Boiled Eggs in the mold can be in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Handwashing is recommended.
Not microwave or dishwasher safe.
Made in Japan