Super Easy Gluten-Free Brazilian Cheese Bread Recipe
Brazilian cheese bread is so easy to make, and they are so morish — soft, chewy little bites of cheesy goodness? Oh yes, please!
Plus, they are gluten-free as well, making these little cheese puffs safe for lots of lunchboxes.
I had never cooked with tapioca flour before and didn’t even know where to begin looking for it. Luckily I found it on the shelf in the baking aisle at Woolworths, and at only$1.70 it was a sound investment.
All you need to make these chewy cheesy bread balls is one tin of tapioca flour, one egg, some milk, olive oil, salt and roughly half a block of feta cheese. Sounds simple enough, right?
Well, it gets even easier!
Pop all over your ingredients into a blender and blitz it until smooth and creamy. There’s your batter done.
I told you it was super easy!
Now just spray a mini muffin tin with oil and pour the batter into the muffin tray until about 3mm from the top. This recipe makes about 24 cheese bites, depending on how you pour the mixture — I ended up with 22.
Place the trays in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes and they are done!
Allow to cool on a rack and serve warm or cold.
They make fantastic lunchbox additions for children as they are small enough for little fingers to easily grab and they are so yummy!
The Brazilian Cheese Bread bites are seen here with our popular Bobble Art Leakproof Snack Box.
You can even make a big batch of batter and just store it in the refrigerator (for up to a week), pouring out and baking just as many mini-muffins as you want to eat.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) tapioca flour
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray some cooking oil around the insides of each well of a mini-muffin tin.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. At this point you can store the batter in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Pour batter into prepared mini-muffin tin, not quite to the top; leave about 3mm from the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until all puffy and just lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for a few minutes.
- Eat while warm or save to reheat later.