Super Healthy Chocolate ‘LCM Bars’ Recipe
We have a fabulous recipe for you to make your own version of the chocolate LCM bars, and they are 100% guilt-free!
Kids absolutely adore Coco Pops and chocolate crackles, so it only made sense that LCM bars in all of their various flavour combinations would be popular as well. While they might be a good “sometimes food”, they really aren’t the best healthwise.
This healthy homemade version is a different story though! Whip up a batch of these bad boys in about ten minutes (plus chilling time) and your kids will love you for them!
These bars gluten-free, sweetened with honey, and contain white chia seeds and all the fibre, calcium and antioxidants they contain.
Here is what you’ll need to make them:
Rice Bubbles, desiccated coconut, raw cacao powder, white chia seeds, honey and coconut oil.
Place all of the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
Melt the coconut oil and add it to the bowl with the honey. Mix well to combine.
Press firmly into a baking paper-lined 25-ish centimetre slice tray and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours or overnight.
Slice with a very sharp knife into bars while still in the tin to ensure they hold their shape and don’t crumble.
I keep my batch in an airtight container in the freezer, but you could also keep them in the fridge to hold their shape too. They make perfect lunchbox treats for adults and children alike!
- 4 cups (120g) rice bubbles
- 1/4 cup (40g) white chia seeds
- 2 cups (200g) desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup (25g) raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup (255g) honey
- 1/2 cup (110g) coconut oil, melted
- Place the rice bubbles, chia seeds, coconut and cacao powder into a large bowl.
- Add honey and melted coconut oil and mix together until well combined.
- Place the mixture into a baking paper-lined 20cm slice tin and press down firmly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars with a sharp knife while still in the tin and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.